Checkpoint DustiteLR Wheel Nut Indicator [Size: 17mm]
or 4 payments of $1.18 with InfoIn Stock
Long Reach (LR) wheel nut indicator that combines an Indicator with a standard dust cap for use on wheels with trims. The Dustite LR offers the additional benefits that come with a wheel nut cap for protecting the nut from weathering, corrosion and general road damage.
The Dustite LR wheel nut indicator is a core product from Checkpoint Safety and is in high demand globally to include various specifications of the product for all of Western Europe, North America, Asia, Australasia, Sub Saharan Africa and South America with increasing sales in Eastern Europe and Northern Africa. The Dustite LR is offered in a range of sizes to cover a wide scope of applications throughout industrial, agricultural, military, mining and commercial vehicle sectors amongst others.
The primary functions of Dustite LR are to:
- Provide a clear visual indication of nut movement, particularly useful and applicable for commercial vehicle wheels even where an obstructive wheel trim exists
- Provide an indication of wheel overheating which is otherwise difficult to detect, usually as a result of brakes sticking or problems with the bearings, through the use of specific product material melting points (Standard and High Temperature options available)
- Provide a clear visual commitment to roadworthiness and professionalism to other road users, customers, health and safety, road and transportation associations
- Prolong the service life of studs & nuts, through protection from corrosion, weathering and damage.
- Improved safety of fittings where nuts are a critical structural component, such as on vehicle wheels where an obstructive wheel trim exists
- Facilitates the ease of walk around and visual checks or audits to locate problems with fixtures or fittings where nuts are used as a critical component
- Reduction in maintenance costs resulting from accurate locating of nut loosening or wheel overheating
- Reduction in vehicle downtime
- Improved safety and protection of nuts and bolts from corrosion and damage
- Improved professionalism, roadworthiness and safety related company image or reputation
- Cost effective, quick and easy solution to implement
We stock various sizes for this product.
Dustite LR is sized by the corresponding measurement (in millimetres) across the flats of the hexagonal nut fitting. Current sizes available* include (in mm):
17, 19, 21, 22, 24, 27 - Mini-Dustite (shorter barrel, no skirt)
30, 32, 33 - Standard model Dustite LR
Dustites LR is designed to be fitted on wheels with trims/step rings since the pointer, located at the tip of the product, allows for it to fit through the access hole on a trim/step ring. Where a trim/step ring is not fitted to the wheel, Dustite or Checkpoint indicators must be used. Dustite LR is fitted onto the wheel nuts in a recognisable pattern once the nuts have been tightened to the manufacturers recommendations using a suitable torque wrench. This must be monitored closely through routine walk around checks, so that if any of the indicators move from the initial pattern appropriate action can be taken.
Dustite LR Standard/High Temp (HT) are manufactured in the highest quality virgin polymers and are resistant to moisture/water, road salt, oil, detergents and most other common solvents/contaminants.
Others Also Bought
More From This Category
or 4 payments of $33.74 with Info
or 4 payments of $36.24 with Info